“This felt like an in-shower spa day for my entire body.”
When I step out of the shower after using the new Dove Exfoliating Body Polish (in the pomegranate scent), my skin is prepped for moisturization. I will get further into details momentarily, but I’ll start out by saying I’m new to the whole “body polish” trend. Essentially, it’s just a body scrub, right? Or is it finer-milled than a body scrub?
I have previously used the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub ($5.99) but wasn’t so much a fan as I am of this new Dove product. The sugar scrub had larger and lesser grains and sat in a pool of slimy jelly – for lack of better wording. I wouldn’t reach for this product often and when I did I was overall underwhelmed. I didn’t feel exfoliated nor hydrated after using and would continue to use it less and less.
ENTER ———> Dove’s NEW exfoliating body polish which has been a product sent from above. I LOVE IT. And I’m going to tell you why:
- finely-milled – gently exfoliates to remove any dead skin cells and bring forward soft and smooth skin
- preps for moisturizer – my skin already feels like it has a layer of hydration added to it once I use the body polish, as if it’s ready to drink up more
- scent is delicious – instantly makes me smell like I’ve already applied lotion
- price is on point – under $6 for 10.5 ounces of a lush body polish? IN-CRE-DI-BLE. I used this product 2x a week and have hardly put a dent in it
- I don’t have any – I flippin’ love this shit.
We exfoliate our face 1-2 times a week, right? Why wouldn’t we extend the same luxury to the skin on our body? It is an amazing and refreshing way to exfoliate the skin, while also hydrating the body. I don’t have enough good things to say about this body polish, but I think I’ve summarized the main pros. To be honest, I can’t wait to finish this tub and try more scents!
What are your thoughts – have you tried this out yet? Do you currently exfoliate in the shower? If not, do you think you’ll begin? I’d love to chat in the comments below.
I love to meet new people!
“By far the most luxurious skincare product I will ever use.”
BEFORE I even start to review the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion exfoliator… I must address the price. And I know.. I know it’s bad. I am well aware of the boujie price tag.
Let me reassure you.. I did not spend $80 on this product. I would never. Your girl would have to put in WORK to be able to afford this comfortably.
However, I did buy this. Ulta had this product on sale for $47.40, and then I had $18 on a gift card and $14 in rewards points to redeem. So in the end, I only paid $15 for this. That’s more like it.
– helps retain your youthful glow
– smooths skin’s texture
– diminish appearance of acne marks
– polishes away dead skin cells
IN MY OPINION – This finely-milled peppermint-scented exfoliator brings a luxurious “spa” like experience to the comfort of your own home. It gently exfoliates dead skin while also replenishing moisture to your face. When I finish using this microdermabrasion (once weekly), my skin is left feeling slightly moisturized.. like I’ve just massaged my Tarte maracuja oil into my skin! It’s an incredible feeling, like I’ve just received an at-home mini facial.
- Ipsy includes mini sizes of this in some of their monthly bags!
- Incredibly finely milled to gently exfoliate your skin without irritation
- Leaves skin feeling refreshed and smooth – primed for nighttime serums/moisturization
- Works to tackle those stubborn skin texture issues
- The only thing I can think of is the price tag, that’s it. And when it comes to my skincare routine, I’m willing to splurge where I feel it’s worth it.
Bottom line: would I pay $80 for this? Unlikely. Will I put my next $50 Sephora gift card towards this? Probably! It is such a great product and the amount you receive in a full size (2 oz) will last you at least a year. $80 in a year for some mini at-home facials.. now that doesn’t sound so bad.
Have you tried any Dr. Brandt skincare products? Are you a fan? Why, or why not? I’m interested to know if any of my beauties out there have dabbled in this line of products.
Connect with me!