“This felt like an in-shower spa day for my entire body.”
When I step out of the shower after using the new Dove Exfoliating Body Polish (in the pomegranate scent), my skin is prepped for moisturization. I will get further into details momentarily, but I’ll start out by saying I’m new to the whole “body polish” trend. Essentially, it’s just a body scrub, right? Or is it finer-milled than a body scrub?
I have previously used the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub ($5.99) but wasn’t so much a fan as I am of this new Dove product. The sugar scrub had larger and lesser grains and sat in a pool of slimy jelly – for lack of better wording. I wouldn’t reach for this product often and when I did I was overall underwhelmed. I didn’t feel exfoliated nor hydrated after using and would continue to use it less and less.
ENTER ———> Dove’s NEW exfoliating body polish which has been a product sent from above. I LOVE IT. And I’m going to tell you why:
- finely-milled – gently exfoliates to remove any dead skin cells and bring forward soft and smooth skin
- preps for moisturizer – my skin already feels like it has a layer of hydration added to it once I use the body polish, as if it’s ready to drink up more
- scent is delicious – instantly makes me smell like I’ve already applied lotion
- price is on point – under $6 for 10.5 ounces of a lush body polish? IN-CRE-DI-BLE. I used this product 2x a week and have hardly put a dent in it
- I don’t have any – I flippin’ love this shit.
We exfoliate our face 1-2 times a week, right? Why wouldn’t we extend the same luxury to the skin on our body? It is an amazing and refreshing way to exfoliate the skin, while also hydrating the body. I don’t have enough good things to say about this body polish, but I think I’ve summarized the main pros. To be honest, I can’t wait to finish this tub and try more scents!
What are your thoughts – have you tried this out yet? Do you currently exfoliate in the shower? If not, do you think you’ll begin? I’d love to chat in the comments below.