“This kinda got me into the whole ‘double cleansing’ trend.”
HELLO, hi there, it’s me, KS Loves back at it again. Today we’re breaking down all pros and cons of the ever so popular Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm. Full size of this product costs $29.50 but you can also find yourself a travel size of this in Sephora or Ulta.. at least I’m pretty sure you can because that’s the size I tried out first (lol).
I feel like the double-cleansing preach is on the rise and in my opinion, for the right reasons. Girlfriend you gotta get that makeup off your face before you go in with a face wash or how’s your face wash supposed to deep clean?!
Makeup wipes will get the job done but can often leave you without that silky smooth yet squeaky clean feeling. The idea behind a cleansing balm is that it melts down from a solid to an oil and breaks up your makeup. It is extremely soothing and doubles as a nourishment to your skin. Instead of stripping it, the cleansing balm gently removes your makeup within seconds.
I wasn’t sure how I would like an oily product on my face because (hello, oily af over here), but it does such a powerful job cleansing and leaving my skin soft, not feeling tight.
- full-size lasts you a long time (I bought this jar in January and you can see how much I have left after using 5/7 days per week)
- melts off your makeup without stripping or tugging at the skin
- scentless and shouldn’t irritate sensitive skin
- does what it says it will do while simultaneously adding moisture back to your skin
- since this is an oily balm, it’s difficult to wash off, and easier to remove with a damp cloth – for this one reason I hate dirtying a wash cloth almost constantly
So that’s my review – what are your thoughts?! Do you have this product? I see the reason it is so poppin’ over most social media pages. Thank you so very much for the read and until next time…