“Does it help you stay matte? Do you actually feel moisturized?”
I wanted to try this out to see if it would help balance out my oily skin. And by “this” I mean the Garnier Refreshing Gel-Cream for normal/combo skin.
We’re getting somewhere – I truly think we are. However, I don’t think this is a holy grail product. I will say, this type of skincare might be a holy grail, but I’m not convinced the Garnier gel-cream is it.
So I do like this, don’t get me wrong.
- It’s incredibly lightweight.
- Has a lovely light fragrance.
- Absorbs into the skin within a minute. I am not left with a tacky feeling, but more of a smooth “aloe”-like feel, if that makes sense?
- Hydrates my skin, but I only use it in the morning before applying makeup. I want something light for daytime wear so that potentially I can mask my shiny t-zone (that’s the goal here people).
- As far as I can tell, it does contribute to remaining matte for longer periods of time. I find myself less shiny further into the day now.
- You don’t experience that sinks-into-the-skin-and-feels-super-moisturizing sensation. But I guess, perhaps, you won’t! It’s a gel.
- Not the cheapest drugstore moisturizer, yet one of the only gel ones on the market that I’ve seen.
- There is just no “wow” factor to this product. It does the job but doesn’t feel like an item I couldn’t live without.
So here’s my consensus: I like the idea of a gel moisturizer, but I need more of a gel-cream. Something that mimics a lotion, but carries the lightweight benefits of a gel.
I am considering the Seaweed Oil-Control gel cream by the Body Shop. I tried this on the back of my hand in the store, and it was a magnificent lightweight product. Considering it also fights oiliness, I want to give this a shot. It’s $20.00, so I think I’ll wait for another 40% off sale.
Have you tried this gel moisturizer? What were your thoughts? Did you repurchase? Should I look elsewhere? I love all recommendations and chatting about it! Feel free to leave me a comment below.
Connect with me!